Live Math, Love Math
The Mathematics department aims to design and implement a challenging academic programme that Equip pupils with skills, Enrich their knowledge so that they can Excel in their lives.
- Students develop abilities to reason logically, to communicate mathematically and to learn cooperatively and independently.
- Students to acquire the necessary mathematical knowledge and skills for everyday life, and for continuous learning in mathematics and related disciplines.
- Students appreciate the importance and power of mathematics in the world around them.
- Staff are empowered and motivated to perform professionally
School-based Modular Curriculum in Mathematics
At Riverside, Mathematics is taught in modules that spans the students’ academic years. In each module, students are introduced to a specific mathematical concept and the related skills. The Mathematics Department teachers have created complementary and unique teaching packages that incorporate student-centred activities, Multiple-Intelligence, Habits of the Mind and National Education
Programmes and Highlights
- ICT-based lesson (use of various ICT tools such as iPad and GoogleDoc)
- Internal mathematics quiz for Sec 1
Programmes for Academically Stronger students
- Subject-based banding
- Provision for NA pupils to sit for O level Elementary Math Examination at Sec 4N
- Provision for NT pupils to sit for N level Elementary Math Examination at Sec 4N
- Provision of Additional Mathematics to NA pupils
- Participation in internal and external mathematics competitions
Programmes for Academically Weaker students
- Bridging Programme for Secondary 1-3