National Cadet Corp (Sea)
Mission & Vision
The mission of the National Cadet Corps is to develop resourceful, responsible, resilient, loyal leaders and team players through fun and challenging military related activities. The seven core values that the NCC seeks to inculcate are Leadership, Discipline, Uprightness, Loyalty to Singapore, Commitment and Responsibility, Care for Fellow Cadets and Adventurous Spirit.
A myriad of activities that focuses on the NCC core values are held throughout the year for members of the NCC. Organised by NCC HQ, activities are catered for all junior cadets, senior cadets and cadet leaders. Courses such as Basic First Aid, Basic Survival, Freestyle Drill Course, 1-star and 2-star kayaking courses and many others will equip cadets with useful skills and are dutifully carried out by certified instructors. Exciting programmes such as Total Defence awards programme, Marksmanship Training (IMT), ranges, camps and sea expeditions are conducted regularly by NCC HQ. With commitment and dedication, cadets can rise through the ranks during their stay in Riverside Secondary and shaped into a well-rounded and resilient student.
Representations & Achievecements:
- Awarded gold in Best Unit Competition
- MSG Adib B Salleh awarded Outstanding Cadet Award in 2017
- SSG Ahmish Nair selected for International Sea Cadet Exchange Programme in Hong Kong
- Riverside NCC awarded most creative video in SCS-NCC Anti-smoking Programme
Best Unit Competition-Silver Award (Assessment year 2015)
Freestyle Drill Competition - 2nd runners up Sea District
Best Basic Instructor in Freestyle Drill Course - Cpl Pang Li Wei
- Best Unit Competition - Gold Award ( Assessment year 2014)
- Mini-league Basketball District champions